Geelong After Dark Friday 4 May brings Central Geelong alive with edgy and surprising art works illuminating secret, unassuming and unexpected places.
Free and family friendly, explore the city from 6pm to experience short, sharp art happenings, street performances, live music, roving theatre and spoken word.
- Go on an Amazing Art Adventure with your kids;
- head to the Geelong Library & Heritage Centre for Big Word of Mouth to add your take to the story;
- play a song or two on the People’s Piano;
- enter the giant immersive spider web, Spider-Goat & the Insect Electro at the National Wool Museum;
- follow the Apprentices of the Royal Explorers Society as they delve into imagination to uncover mythologies along Lt Malop Street;
- hear how the Fish became the Moon;
- hop on board the Boe Audiocyle and use your pedal power to share the music with all around;
- see your uploaded Instagram images on the big screen; and more!
Wander the laneways, stroll past street corners, linger in front of lit buildings, enjoy the parks and public spaces transformed by art in every conceivable form.
In 2018, Geelong After Dark will intersect with M~M: Gathering of the City as part of the biennial multi-award winning 80km extreme arts walk, Mountain to Mouth.
Held over two days, Mountain to Mouth traverses the City of Greater Geelong and Borough of Queenscliffe, from the You Yangs to the mouth of the Barwon River, creating a contemporary songline in the tradition of the local Wadawurrung people of Geelong.
Join in as choirs sing in the lead ephemeral art work of Mountain to Mouth, Canoe, as it makes its way along Gheringhap Street to Johnstone Park.
All this and so much more will be on offer when you enter into our city to discover Geelong After Dark!
Geelong After Dark is Central Geelong’s annual night of arts: transforming the streets, laneways and venues of Geelong’s CBD. Explore the city and be surprised by a program of exciting and unique pop up performances, installations and arts experiences. It’s on for one night only and the 2018 theme is Earth.
Please be aware that by entering this area (or by attending GAD / Mountain to Mouth), you consent to your voice, name, and/or likeness being used, without compensation, in films and tapes for exploitation in any and all media, whether now known or hereafter devised, for eternity, and you release Geelong After Dark/Mountain to Mouth City of Greater Geelong , its successors, assigns and licensees from any liability whatsoever of any nature.
Do not enter this area if you do not wish to be subject to the foregoing.